2022 USAA® Innovation Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS VALID ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) OR OLDER AND ARE LOCATED IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes void where prohibited.
SPONSOR: United Services
9800 Fredericksburg, San Antonio, TX 78288.
ADMINISTRATOR: Promotion Fulfillment Center, 311-21st Street, Camanche, IA 52730.
1. WHEN TO ENTER: The 2022 USAA® Innovation Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on June 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on August 15, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. WHO CAN ENTER: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who currently reside therein and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors and agents of United Services Automobile Association (“Sponsor” or “USAA”), Promotion Fulfillment Center (“Administrator”), and their respective owners, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and any companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, parents and children and their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Limit: one (1) entry per person regardless of entry method. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants may not enter with multiple names, addresses or email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times. Any person who attempts to enter with multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
a. Online: To enter the Sweepstakes online, go to www.100.usaaevents.com/online (the “Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period and complete the entry form with the information requested and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your entry to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All requested information on the entry form at the Website must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such entry.
b. ON SITE at Fort Innovate™: Complete a short registration via a handheld device provided by a USAA representative on-site or on your own device via a QR code provided by a USAA representative on-site at various event locations across the United States during the Sweepstakes Period (each, an “Event”). Once you have completed the registration, follow the on-screen instructions to submit your registration and receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
NOTE: Entry must be made by the entrant only. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
No purchase of any kind necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
4. DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected ina random drawing to be conducted on or about August 22, 2022 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone or email on or about August 24, 2022. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant’s contact information, including phone number and email address. Prize claim is subject to verification by Administrator. Regardless of whether or not you receive a potential winner message, you are not a winner until your prize claim has been timely received and verified by the Administrator, your entry and eligibility have been verified, and you have complied with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Sweepstakes Period. The potential Grand Prize winner must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability within five (5) calendar days of notification or prize may be forfeited (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and awarded to an alternate winner. If a selected winner is ineligible or has not complied with these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or if any written communication is returned as undeliverable, the selected winner will be disqualified and the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If selected winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant selected in a random drawing, even if the disqualified entrant’s name was publicly announced.
5. PRIZES: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize: a trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to attend a 3-day Family Space Camp® (“Camp”) at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL, including round-trip economy-class air transportation from a major airport near winner’s residence (as determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor) for winner and up to three (3) guests; ground transfers to/from airport and hotel while in Huntsville, AL; two (2) nights’ accommodations (two (2) rooms with double occupancy); admission for four (4) to Camp; and $1,000 awarded to the winner (awarded in the form a prepaid debit card that is subject to the terms of the issuer or check to the winner). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize trip: $7,000. Grand Prize winner may choose not to take the trip and instead receive $7,000, awarded via a check made out to the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize will also include a cash award of $50,000, awarded via a check made out to the Grand Prize Winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize (including trip and cash prize): $57,000.
(Prize Restrictions: Winner and guests must be able to travel between October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023; no alternate dates are available; dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize winner and his or her guests must travel on the itinerary determined by Sponsor. Three (3) day Space Camp begins on Friday afternoon and graduation of Space Camp is scheduled to be midday on the following Sunday. Airports, accommodations and other Grand Prize components are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the winner lives within 150 miles of Huntsville, AL. All expenses not specifically included in the description above (such as taxes, fees, gratuities and insurance) are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Guests of winner must have notarized, signed and returned a Travel Companion Release prior to booking. If Guest is considered a minor in their jurisdiction of primary residence, Parent/Guardian must sign Travel Companion Release form on behalf of Minor Guest. Winner and their guests hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide any form of insurance for any part of the Grand Prize experience. Winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in, and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room will be the responsibility of the winner. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on travel and other arrangements. Any difference between the Grand Prize’s approximate retail value and actual value will not be awarded. The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel guests are subject to and must comply with all applicable Camp venue rules, restrictions and terms; failure to comply may result in forfeiture of any unused portion of the Grand Prize. If the winner elects to partake in the Grand Prize with no guests or less than three (3) guests, no additional compensation will be awarded to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of the Camp or any issue arising from the operation or management of the Camp venue. Sponsor also is not responsible for any cancellation, delay, diversion, substitution or other act or omission of transportation or accommodation providers. If any part of the Grand Prize is canceled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of Grand Prize and have no further obligation to Grand Prize winner. All other Grand Prize details are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner agrees that Camp admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny Camp entry to winner and/or his/her guest(s) if anyone violates these Official Rules or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or causes damage or property loss at the Camp.) Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any component of the Grand Prize with a component of equal or greater value, but no other substitution or transfer is permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for Grand Prize delivery and is not responsible for the Grand Prize’s utility to winner. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, fees and other expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Grand Prize.
Winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor for any portion of the prize that the winner is unable to use due to loss, damage or destruction (and such will not be replaced). Winner agrees that prize is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize (in whole or in part) is allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. Prizes and all prize elements will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may also be subject to terms and conditions established by the issuer and communicated at time of prize award. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded in this Promotion. Any difference between the Prize’s approximate retail value and actual value will not be awarded.All other Prize details are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is responsible only for Prize delivery and is not responsible for the Prize’s utility to each winner. PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE FROM SPONSOR.Any prize pictured or mentioned in Sweepstakes advertising or promotion materials is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize awarded.
6. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING, EACH ENTRANT AGREES (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING):
(a) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO (WHETHER IN WHOLE OR PART) PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE AWARDING, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE;
(b) That under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain any award for and entrant hereby waives any right to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damage, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses;
(c) That all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class or representative action;
(d) To Sponsor’s use of his or her name, address, likeness and other information for promotional purposes (including the winner announcement) in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES THAT “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
7. GENERAL RULES: This Sweepstakes is void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited or restricted. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information associated with the Sweepstakes, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or unauthorized access to any website or materials associated with the Sweepstakes; (3) any injury, damage, or loss to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes; (4) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, including undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email messages; (5) any design, typographical or other error in Sweepstakes-related materials; (6) unclear, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, late, lost, undelivered or unprocessed entries; or (7) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted, corrupted or cancelled.
Sponsor may prohibit any entrant from participation in the Sweepstakes if Sponsor determines that the entrant has acted in a manner that affects the administration, security, fairness or proper play or with intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrants or any of the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant, the participant will be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" in whose name the email address provided upon registration is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the Eligibility section of these Official Sweepstakes Rules. "Authorized Account Holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, including any entry mechanism, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play, safety, and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes, or any entry mechanism, is suspended or terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any third party's failure to act in accordance with Sponsor's instructions pertaining to the implementation of this Sweepstakes.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Bexar County, Texas.
9. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner, send an email to email@example.com with “44713 WINNERS LIST” in the subject line. Limit one request per person/email address. Requests must be received by 11:59pm CT on August 31, 2022. List will be sent once all winners have been verified.
Copyright © 2022 USAA